Halloween is coming, and that means buckets of candy will be consumed. Just remember, even healthy foods can lead to plaque buildup, which can lead to tooth decay. So, your daily brushing routine shouldn’t change based on the season. However, in case you have forgotten, here are 13 easy tips for taking care of your toothbrush:
– Avoid cross-contamination from toothbrushes touching each other.
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Don’t share toothbrushes.
– Keep your toothbrush aired out; do not consistently store them in closed containers.
– Stiff bristles can hurt gums, softer brushes are better.
– Be gentle and don’t press hard. A softer, gentler approach works best.
– Electric toothbrushes make brushing easier.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Youth toothbrushes typically need to be replaced more often than adult toothbrushes.
– Make sure the size and shape of your brush can reach all areas in your mouth effectively.
– Use a toothbrush that easily fits into your mouth.
– Keep your toothbrush clean when not in use.
– Store your toothbrush upright.
If you want to learn more helpful tips, or book an appointment with a member of our friendly staff, please call Riverdale Dental Arts at 718-548-1148 to talk to a member of our team. We are always happy to address any questions you may have pertaining to your oral care. You can also stop by our office in The Bronx, New York. Have a fantastic holiday!