Tooth decay is caused by the erosion of your tooth enamel until holes are formed in your teeth called cavities. Cavities can strike in your younger years as well as in your olden days, so protecting your teeth is a lifetime task that takes practice and effort. Take the time to tackle tooth decay with these amazing tips:
– Floss your teeth at least once per day with high quality dental floss or a dental flossing utensil.
– Always brush your teeth and gums twice a day with ADA-approved toothpaste, and use a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
– Eat healthy and beneficial foods, and avoid snacking between meals.
– Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum after meals can help protect your teeth against tooth decay.
– Visit Riverdale Dental Arts during your scheduled visits for oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Try to avoid any forms of snacks and candies that are high in sugar and difficult to clean from your teeth and gums.
– Consider adding extra daily oral health care habits into your routine, such as using mouthwash and wearing safety equipment.
If you are looking to enhance or upgrade your smile, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Sheldon Kupferman at our office in The Bronx, New York. We can be reached via phone at 718-548-1148. We hope to give you the shine and color your smile deserves.